SIM is a system and services monitor for ‘SysVinit’ systems. It is designed to be intuitive and modular in nature, and to provide a clean and informative status system. It does this by consistently verifying that services are online, load averages are in check, and log files are at reasonable sizes. Many other SIM modules sport different and in-depth features to bring a well rounded tool to your disposal to stop otherwise common issues daunting internet hosts.
– Service monitoring of HTTP, FTP, DNS, SSH, MYSQL & more
– Event tracking and alert system
– Auto restart ability for downed services
– Checks against network sockets & process list to ensure services are online
– Advanced HTTP service monitoring, to prevent commonly encountered issues
– System load monitor with customizable warnings & actions
– Ability to auto restart system with definable critical load level
– Priority change configurable for services, at warning or critical load level
– Informative command line status display
– Easily customizable configuration file
– Auto configuration script
– Auto cronjob setup feature
– Simple & Informative installation script
– Integrated auto-update feature
Download the tar file:
It will show below output:
--2013-12-20 15:02:31-- http://www.rfxn.com/downloads/sim-current.tar.gz
Resolving www.rfxn.com... 126.96.36.199
Connecting to www.rfxn.com|188.8.131.52|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 27250 (27K) [application/x-gzip] Saving to: “sim-current.tar.gz”
100%[======================================>] 27,250 --.-K/s in 0.09s
2013-12-20 15:02:31 (281 KB/s) - “sim-current.tar.gz” saved [27250/27250]
Untar the file:
tar -xvf sim-current.tar.gz
Go to that folder:
Run the below command to proceed with the installation:
Once the installation is complete it will show below output.
Base path: /usr/local/sim
Configuration file: /usr/local/sim/config/conf.sim
Configuration symlink: /etc/conf.sim
Module control file: /usr/local/sim/config/mods.control
Module control symlink: /etc/sim.mods
Executable symlink: /usr/local/sbin/sim
[email protected] [/usr/local/src/sim-3.0]#
Enable the cronjob:
To receive email notification you have to edit /etc/conf.sim file.
Originally posted 2016-02-06 20:09:05.