- How to install Nagios on CentOS 5 or 6
- Linux: Finding and Locating files with find command part # 1
- Linux / UNIX: Create Large 1GB Binary Image File With dd Command
- CentOS Linux install and configure NTP to synchronize the system clock
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS Linux Enable EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux) Repository
If you’re updating nagios, and/or you are trying to reschedule checks manually, and you get the error below:
Error: Could not open command file ‘/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd’ for update!
Then it means that the permissions on the folder are messed up. Don’t bother setting up the permissions on the file itself, nagios.cmd, since that file gets recreated very often, so:
chown nagios.nagcmd /usr/local/nagios/var/rw chmod g+rwx /usr/local/nagios/var/rw chmod g+s /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
This should get you up and running without problems.